Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Post Draft FA signing

  1. #11
    Inactive Member dicky_knee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2002
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by hornetjohn:
    As I understand it, that is correct rpodent. You may only release those players on your team before the start of the FA period.
    <font size="3" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">I can see that we are going to have to get this completely sorted tho. Cos i think the rules actually say that we can release anyone up to the first game of the season. So technically we could sign FAs and then release them. I agree that we should make it that any FA signed can't be cut, but i think we may need another vote on it.
    dicky

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Phil D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2004
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I thought we were stuck with the draft pick. I would like it clarified because it makes a difference on what I do with the BA/L center I got in the draft

  3. #13
    Inactive Member TuringComplete's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We really can't have official clarification unless we vote on the issue, HOWEVER, this is what the rules thread states:

    However all draft picks obtained by each team at the start of the season may be released even though they are on 1 year contracts due to the fact that each GM has to take on these two new players regardless if they want them or not so for this reason all GM?s may release draft picks prior to the start of game one of the new season.

    I'd say the current rule is that "all draft picks" may be released before the start of the season. If anyone disagrees, I suppose we can vote on it. We'd better do it soon, though.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member hornetjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2002
    Posts
    169
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with TC

  5. #15
    Inactive Member rprodent's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would assume that draft picks would be the equivalent of players on the team currently that still need to be signed to contracts. The fact they will have 1 year contracts when placed on teams is irrelevant. Until they are signed to your team on your terms they can be released. Since FAs are signed to contract under your terms, that's where the difference lies. So the contract of a player becomes binding only when you have agreed to the contract with them. HOWEVER, all players on rosters at the commencement of the first game will be assumed to be fully contracted.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Phil D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2004
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK. Was there a post from Fasttracker saying that Scott was resetting all on roster to 0 year? I think that may have been stated after the initial rule.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Graffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My thoughts.

    - Drafted players can be released up until game 1

    - Players signed as FA`s can not be released until they only have 0 years left on their contract.

    - FA?s should be available in wawes of 25 players at the time.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member greenwave11's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2005
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Drafted players should be able to be released up until the start of games.

    FA's should be available in one wave.

    FA's should not be eligible for release unless they are in their zero year.

    The salary cap should not be waived.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member greenwave11's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2005
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post



    <font color="#000002" size="1">[ March 12, 2005 12:28 AM: Message edited by: greenwave4 ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •